TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the website of Samba Catering Co. (ABN 62 657 454 591) ("we", "us" or the "Company"), a catering business based on the Gold Coast, Australia.
This website is located on the web via the domain https://sambacatering.com.au and includes all of the files located in that domain ("this site").
LEGAL CAPACITY TO TRANSACT
If you are under 18 years of age, you cannot place orders through this site. By using this site you represent and warrant to the Company that you are over the age of 18 years. Should the Company suffer any damage or other losses as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such losses from his/her parents or guardians.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE AND PROHIBITED CONDUCT
Your use of this site is subject to the rules set out in Schedule 1 below.
Without limiting any other remedies available to the Company at law or in equity, the Company reserves the right to, without notice, temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate, your access to this site or refuse to provide products or services to you if:
• the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us; or
• the Company believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to the Company, any of its customers or suppliers or any other person.
You indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
• any material or information that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site;
• your use of, or connection to, this site; or
We make every effort to describe our services as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee that your interpretation of these descriptions will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the provision of services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of services and/or services pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue a menu item or service at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
All images, descriptive matter, specifications and pricing are intended as a guide only. The Company reserves the right to change, alter or modify images, descriptive matter, specifications and pricing of our services without prior written notice.
The Company reserves the right to change the prices for products and services displayed on this site at any time before you place an order. All prices displayed on our website are in Australian dollars (AUD) and exclusive of GST. The Company reserves the right to vary prices without notice. All transactions are processed in Australian dollars (AUD).
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all amounts displayed on this site are expressed to be exclusive of GST. For these purposes, the term "GST" has the meaning given to it in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
Quotations are valid for fourteen (14) days from date of issue. Your booking is not confirmed and your date is not held until your $350 non-refundable booking and administration fee is received.
We require acceptance of our quote in writing and a $350 non-refundable booking and administration fee to secure your catering booking. Final guest numbers must be received in writing a minimum of 14 days in advance of your event. Once final numbers are received, the final invoice will be raised and payment is to be received in full no later than 10 days prior to your event.
FINAL GUEST NUMBERS
Final guest numbers must be received in writing a minimum of 14 days in advance of your event. If you wish to increase final numbers for your booking within 14 days of your event, we will endeavour to cater for the increase in numbers, but we make no guarantees. An increase in final guest numbers will incur fees and charges. We do not provide refunds within this period (14 days or less from your event date) for a decrease in the number of attendees at your event.
It is the responsibility of the event holder/the person who has booked our services to ensure all event information and details (date, times, event location and on-site contact) have been checked and are correct. We take no responsibility and will not provide refunds or discounts for any outcomes related to the provision of inaccurate information.
Our standard payment terms require a $350 non-refundable booking and administration fee to secure your date and booking and payment of your final invoice in full no later than 10 days prior to your event.
Krystal to advise
Once your booking and administration fee has been received and your booking is confirmed, any cancellation request must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
If the booking is cancelled;
• over four (4) weeks prior to the event date, we will refund any payments made to date, not including the $350 non-refundable booking and administration fee;
• two (2) to four (4) weeks prior to the event date, we will refund any payments made to date, not including the $350 non-refundable booking and administration fee and any additional costs incurred due to stock orders, equipment or labour hire bookings with other suppliers (invoices provided);
• over 72 hours before the scheduled event start time, we will refund 30% of the final invoice, not including the $350 non-refundable booking and administration fee and the cost of any additional equipment or labour hire; and
• less than 72 hours before the schedule event start time, we will not issue any refund.
OUTDOOR EVENTS AND WEATHER
If your event is dependent on dry weather, we recommend checking the weather forecast and advising us of your decision 72 hours prior to the event. Please note, that in the case of unfavourable weather, we do not provide discounts or refunds if your event period is reduced.
ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service or menu descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice, including after you have submitted your order.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
• this site;
• all of its content (including all of the text, graphics, designs, software, data, sound and video files and other information contained in this site, and the selection and arrangement thereof); and
• all software, systems and other information owned or used by the Company in connection with the products and services offered through this site (whether hosted on the same server as this site or otherwise).
You may download and print out content from this site only for your own personal and non-commercial use and provided that you do not remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
The look and feel of this site (including all button icons, scripts, custom graphics and headers) are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of the Company. These trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Company.
If you believe that our site contains any material that infringes upon any copyright that you hold or control, or that users are directed through a link on this site to a third party website that you believe is infringing upon any copyright that you hold or control, you may send a notification of such alleged infringement to us in writing. Such notification should identify the works that are allegedly being infringed upon and the allegedly infringing material and give particulars of the alleged infringement. In response to such a notification, we will give a written notice of a claim of copyright infringement to the provider of the allegedly infringing material. If the provider of that material does not respond to us in writing denying the alleged infringement within 14 days after receipt of that notice, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material as soon as is reasonably practicable. If the provider of that material responds to us in writing denying the alleged infringement, we will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, send a copy of that response to the original notifying party. If the original notifying party does not, within a further 14 days, file an action seeking a court order against the provider of the allegedly infringing material, we may restore any removed or blocked material at our discretion. If the original notifying party files such a legal action, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material pending resolution of that legal action.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly disclaim all conditions, representations and warranties (whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise) in relation to this site and any products and/or services purchased or obtained through this site, including any implied warranty/guarantee of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
This site is provided strictly on an "as is" basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this site or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
• the use of this site will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
• this site will meet your requirements or expectations;
• anything on this site, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this site, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
•the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained through this site will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
• errors or defects will be corrected; or
• this site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Exclusion of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly limit their liability for breach of any non-excludable condition or warranty/guarantee implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is to be at the Company's sole discretion):
• in the case of goods, to any of the following:
• the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
• the repair of the goods;
• the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
• the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
• in the case of services:
• the supply of the services again; or
• the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
• the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
• a reference to a "person" includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, a body corporate, a partnership, an unincorporated body, an association, a government body or any other entity; and
• the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by "including", "for example", "in particular" or similar expressions.
Governing law and jurisdiction
SCHEDULE 1 – PROHIBITED CONDUCT
YOU MUST NOT:
• use any device, routine or software that interferes, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this site;
• engage in any action that requires, or may require, an unreasonable or excessively large load on our infrastructure;
• use this site to decipher passwords or security encryption codes, transmit any worms, viruses or Trojan horses, transfer or store illegal, threatening or obscene material or otherwise violate the security of any computer network;
• use this site to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, to engage in any misleading or deceptive online marketing practices or for any fraudulent or malicious purposes;
• use any spider, robot or search/retrieval application or any screen scraping, data mining or similar data gathering device, process, program or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of this site;
• use this site by any automated means;
• use this site to transmit junk mail, spam or chain letters or pyramid schemes or engage in other flooding techniques or mass distribution of unsolicited email;
• access, retrieve or index any portion of this site for use in constructing or populating any database that is searchable online or for the purpose of soliciting or sharing reviews;
• interfere with the display of any advertisements appearing on or in connection with this site;
• reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, modify, translate, frame or reformat any of the material contained on this site;
• reproduce, duplicate, copy or store any of the material appearing on this site other than for your own personal and non-commercial use;
• falsely imply that any other website is associated with this site;
• do anything that leads, or may lead, to a decrease in the value of the Company's intellectual property rights in this site;
• use or exploit any of the material appearing on this site for, or in connection with, any business or enterprise (whether for profit or otherwise), including any business or enterprise that is in competition with this site;
• release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity or information relating to the Company without the Company's prior written consent; or
• use this site to transmit any information or material that is, or may reasonably be considered to be:
• abusive, threatening, harassing, harmful, obscene, indecent, lewd, inflammatory, violent, vulgar, profane, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
• libellous, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarised;
• infringing upon or violating any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right;
• in breach of any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound, whether by way of a fiduciary or contractual relationship;
• in breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights;
• a misrepresentation of facts, including the impersonation of any person or entity or a misrepresentation of an affiliation with any person or entity (including any sponsorship or endorsement);
• in violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encouraging of others to do so;
• containing any political campaigning material, advertisements or solicitations; or
• likely to bring the Company or any of its staff into disrepute.